Topic: Fireface 800 whistling

Hi to all, since some months my RME Fireface 800 started to produce this high pitch noise from inside in the PSU Area. This noise can go on also for one hour and then stop for the rest of the session, if I keep using the card for 6/8 hours a day, this noise disappear, if I keep the unit off for a couple of days, it starts again with his normal behavior. The noise is not audible from headphones or on monitors but sometimes it can be "written" on the recorded file at very low volume, here is a video from inside the unit.
Has anyone ever experienced anything like that? Solutions?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2fbduxnv4 … 5.mp4/file

Re: Fireface 800 whistling

Most probably the power supply needs to be replaced. Well known topic here...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias for your fast answer, well...I hope it's like you said, my nightmare was anything related to the mainboard, also because this unit is a beast, it worked like a tank for so many years, never a problem...and it still works great. So...it's time to change the PSU card in your opinion? Or the PSU can be serviced in other ways?

You can send the unit in or order a power supply through the nearest retailer or local distributor, if you wish to have it done locally.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much, your help has been really precious, I'll take the PSU then, thank you again