Topic: ARC USB and Digiface Dante in stand alone

Hello,

I need some help. I'm sure a topic already exist somewhere on the web. But I didn't find it.

At my job, we are designing an ambisonic system and it takes lot of channels on computers, on the mixer, etc. In fact, for some reason, we need to send signals from a mixer to speakers. We also need to send audio signals from a computer to the same speakers. But we just don't want (can't) to pass throw the mixer which is quite full.

A solution is to buy a bigger mixer or a second one. But we don't want to equalize or compress. We just wand to mix. So for us, a cheap (and pro) solution would be to send 64 channels from a Yamaha CL3 to a Digiface Dante. And also send 64 channels from an other computer to the same Digiface. Then simply mix all this channels to 64 dante outputs. We can set it up with a computer, then leave it in stand alone. I checked, it looks ok.

We planned to control the volume with an ARC. But I noticed the ARC must be plugged in USB. On a computer I guess. And we don't want an additional computer just for this. So is it possible to control the Digiface dante by plugging the arc directly in the digiface with a usb-b/usb-b ? Or by plugging both on a hub ?

Thanks a lot
GG Bogouslavsky Cabot

Re: ARC USB and Digiface Dante in stand alone

I just noticed the Remote USB connector on the UFX+. I guess I have my answer. We can't.

Re: ARC USB and Digiface Dante in stand alone

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME