Topic: Easy - HDSPe - Connections

Any & All:

I can find no specific info here regarding the connections on these out-of-production cards.

This was an ebay purchase – bare PCIe card, nothing else. I was told that this will work with my Multiface II. I was forced to buy this because my new computer has no pci slots. Why should I throw away a perfectly good Multiface II??

Pictures:

Here is the top edge. What the purpose of the 6-pin and 8-pin connectors – also the jumper?

https://imgbox.com/byvsLttQ

Here is the face; you can also see the floppy-like, white 4-pin connector. Is this to provide power to the Card? Also you can see the two jumpers.

https://imgbox.com/T9CcR2PC

I need to know the purposes of those items, because just putting the card in the computer slot and installing the 4.35 drivers  and digicheck is not giving me the TotalMix screen. Also device manager in Win7 does not like the drivers.

I am beginning to think that I was sold a non-working card.

Thanks for any answers,
G-Man

Re: Easy - HDSPe - Connections

The connectors are for the TCO, Time Code Option. None of these connectors are needed, it should work right away.

Is the Multiface getting power and the red LED goes off or starts blinking?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by G-Man 2020-11-20 21:13:55)

I power on the Multiface then start the computer. Even after getting into Windows the red light stays on steady.

Also, iIn the second picture I linked, are both those jumpers where they are supposed to be?

The Multiface II is fine. I still have my old pci card in my old 2009 computer. When I plug the Multiface into it all is good.

Jumpers are fine. Of course if you can't install the drivers correctly then you will not see Settings dialog, TM FX or the red LED go off. What exactly is the problem with the driver? Did you download 4.35 a few days ago or some weeks ago? If weeks download again and try again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by G-Man 2020-11-22 01:21:40)

MC,
Thank you for your help.

The 4.35 drivers I installed were downloaded 4 days ago. However, I took your advice and downloaded  & installed again today. Still no good.

I think the HDSP PCIe card is bad.

In Device Manger Windows 7 finds the card, but it has a yellow exclamation point on it. Now, true, that usually means a driver issue. However when I opened the system devices heading I found AMD PCI device that also had a yellow exclamation point through it. I shut down and removed the card. After rebooting the yellow exclamation point was no longer showing for PCI device.

That would seem to indicate a hardware issue wouldn’t it?

Also, while the card was plugged in I tried to run the firmware updater – it simply starts and then immediately closes.

So…I don't think there is anything else to try, is there?
Also, that is the only other internal card which will run a Multiface II --right?

Thanks,
G-Man

Did you try the card in all PCIe slots? Others might work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I just -- 5 minutes ago -- moved it to a PCIX16 slot. The yellow exclamation is now gone from the system Devices PCI devices list!
But one exclamation point is still on the  Hammerfall DSP under  "sound devices"

Try to reinstall the driver then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, of course, I did that immediately -- to no avail.

So the only way to be 100% sure the PCIe card is the problem would be to put it into another computer. Or get a second PCIe card...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, I grabbed a spare SATA drive, plugged it in as the temporary boot drive on my backup server which has PCIe slots -- and luckily I kept my slipstreamed USB windows 7 installer; I quickly installed win7 and the RME drivers – NO GOOD!

So it would seem to be a crap card.