Topic: FF400 with OSX Mojave - Sound input not working

Hello!

I have been using RME soundcards for 20 years but today I encountered a problem that goes over my head:

I using Fireface 400 with iMac running Mojave 10.14.6

I am able to get the FF400 to playback sound absolutely fine but when I’m using Ableton I cannot get any audio to show up in the DAW. I can see in Totalmix that audio is coming to inputs of the soundcard just fine BUT when I set the FF400 as the input in Ableton DAW there is no sound appearing in the inputs (I also tried different programs like Sound Forge).

And this is the weird part: When I’m using Digicheck and set it to monitor the said input of the FF400 where sound is coming in it works just fine.

So basically the audio appearing at the inputs of Totalmix is not routed to programs within the system but is routed to Digicheck.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I have hit a dead-end myself.

Thank you very much!

Re: FF400 with OSX Mojave - Sound input not working

DIGICheck's normal level meter show the same information as TotalMix. It does not mean it receives audio information. Try Analyzer or Vector Scope, they most probably fail. That means something blocks the record path. Might be an additional tool, might be the OS microphone permission.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: FF400 with OSX Mojave - Sound input not working

Thank you for your help.

I got it working: the problem was Ableton not having microphone privileges in system settings.

More info here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175