Topic: Babyface's headphone output with external HW effect

Hi guys,

new Babyface Pro FS user here. I wonder if you could help me setting up my new Babyface Pro FS interface with an external HW effect that I want to use as a flexible external insert fx in my DAW (Ableton Live). I couldn‘t find a solution for my problem yet, although I searched various resources. The closest forum post I found similar to my problem was this one: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=18984. I tried to duplicate this user's settings in TotalMix FX but wasn't able to solve my problem.

My problem is: I want to use the second headphone output on the right side on the Babyface Pro FX (the one with the mini-jack; an adapter from mini jack to mono jack cables is attached) as a dedicated signal out to my external HW fx unit and come from this unit‘s main outputs back into the Babyface using HW input 3 & 4. I wonder if this is possible to control the headphone‘s signals separately. I read in the manual (english version page 86) that using the headphone output as line out should be no problem:

„In  case this output  should  operate  as Line  output,  an  adapter  TRS  plug  to RCA  phono  plugs,  or  TRS  plug  to  TS plugs is required“

But I am struggling to setup the TotalMix FX software correctly to do the job. Furthermore, I want signal of the Babyface‘s main  output (XLR outputs 1&2) to be the same on the main headphone output.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Schu

Re: Babyface's headphone output with external HW effect

These two outputs can not be set to different levels. The second point is done by a right click on the output and choosing 'mirror'. Details are in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Babyface's headphone output with external HW effect

MC wrote:

These two outputs can not be set to different levels. The second point is done by a right click on the output and choosing 'mirror'. Details are in the manual.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought (hoped) that this was possible. I'll invest in an extension of the available ins und outs via an ADAT interface.