Topic: M1 Macs and USB connection

Hi,
I have the Babyface and an older Fireface UFX which I would like to connect to the new Macbook with the M1 chip. I can see that RME has updated the drivers so both interfaces should be supported. But what kind of dongle or hub should I go for to go from USB C to USB A? Are there any brands or types that RME recommends more than others? Ideally I woud like to use a multiport hub as the new Macs do only have 2 USB C ports, but my guess is to use only a single port for the sound interface. Any thoughts? Thanks

2 (edited by niketysom 2020-12-04 16:39:31)

Re: M1 Macs and USB connection

Hey, I have a Intel Macbook Pro Mid 2017 with just two USB-C and a FireFace UCX connected to it.

While not the same setup, I don't think the M1 chip should make this any different.

I am using a Satechi USB-C Multiadapter 8 port hub where I have connected my UCX with USB, works great, I also have my screen via HDMI and my power adapter connected to it.

I did have a straight USB-C to USB-A adapter that I used first, but that one gave me a hiss in the main outputs of my soundcard, almost same hiss i get when my vinyl player* is not grounded. But it was a cheap one, so don't be cheap is my real advice.