1 (edited by rokatansky 2020-12-03 05:51:37)

Topic: HDSPe AIO firmware update issue

Hi

I'm trying to update the firmware of my AIO card and after turn on back the computer the firmware remains the same..13
no update to 14.
The updater seems to work fine and shows the available 14 update.
I turn off completely the computer (not reboot only) and this computer is configured to high performance power scheme.
Windows 10 1909
MOBO Asus Prime Z270-A with latest BIOS 1302
RME driver 4.35

Any ideas?

TIA

Regards

Re: HDSPe AIO firmware update issue

Lasst time we had that the customer was required to pull the mains power for 10 minutes. The computer had too much juice stored and wouldn't let the FUT change happen otherwise.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Mmmm...It was turned off for two hours...I'll try again and let the computer turned off all night and report back.

Best Regards

I had a customer with similar issues who reported it worked after the computer was off overnight... Of course, you can always take out the card for a minute, that will also work...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I think that this firmware update may have been released a little hastily. When I first downloaded, the documentation still said 'version 18' also the firmware updater still showed the new firmware was version 18.

I downloaded again about 12 hours later and 'version 19' now seemed to appear, both in the document and in the updater.
However after an apparently successful update and lengthy period powered off, the current version is still showing as 'version 18'.
Could this just be that internally the new firmware is still labelled as 'version 18' ?

This is all uncharacteristically sloppy compared with the usual RME service.

6 (edited by rokatansky 2020-12-04 05:25:45)

"you can always take out the card for a minute, that will also work..."
I was thinking about that but it's updated now after had the computer turned off last night.
Thanks
Best Regards

OK I have to report that after shutting down everything for about 10 hours the version is now showing as 19.
In view of the other reports of this issue, I wonder what has changed from RME's perspective in order to explain this? Do more computers now have "too much juice stored" or is there something different about the card/firmware in this area?