Topic: UFX+ expansion options?

Bought a UFX+ recently to start building a small recording bunker around, since I wanted to take advantage of Thunderbolt and RME's phenomenally robust drivers/software
The goal is to support up to 32 mic channels (16 stereo pairs), so I'm wondering what the most sensible way to expand my I/O is, given the unit's options. There are 4 mic ins already of course - 28 to go!
Any recommendations much appreciated

Re: UFX+ expansion options?

Please have a look at my blogarticle, in particular page 3+4.

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … XTC-DE-EN/

I have chosen the three example combinations to show that XTC and 12Mic can be used together and I also assumed that someone would work in double speed (88.2/96 kHz // 32 MADI channels) with such a high quality setup.

So you can also connect a third 12Mic, then you are always dealing with the same preamp type, then all of them can be managed via the same web interface.

Auxdevice support for the 12Mic will be delivered later bei RME, it's promised. Then you can also remote control the preamps through TotalMix FX and store/recall the most needed settings in TM FX snapshots.

When connecting the stereo microphone pairs you have to make sure that you connect the microphones to the same preamp.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I didn't realise MADI could be daisychained like that at all, awesome documentation there
Thank you very much indeed, you've pretty much solved it in a single post!

Thanks for the flowers && you're welcome ;-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I purchased a 500 series rack to put a mix of RND ,API  preamps. connected to the 8 trs analog inputs. Plenty of adat 8 channel preamps. Midas, Audient etc