1 (edited by Soarer 2020-11-23 19:12:56)

Topic: Babyface Pro FS not recognised

Just bought a new Babyface Pro FS and I've installed the Driver version 3.19_4.
Why is it not recognised? TotalMix doesn't open by itself (and cannot toggle mixer manually) and there's no RME interface shown in Audio/Midi setup or Settings app. I did click Allow in the privacy settings. Wanted to reinstall and try it again but the message did not show up again. I've done a PRAM reset too.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) Catalina 10.15.7

Re: Babyface Pro FS not recognised

Make sure the USB cable is fully "snapped in" on the Babyface side. It's pretty tight, in order to avoid accidental disconnection.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Soarer 2020-11-23 21:03:06)

Oh my god that's it! Haha, didn't see that at all. Glad it's tight though big_smile
Thanks Jeff.

4 (edited by Soarer 2020-11-23 21:02:10)

One other thing - Tried to connect it to my iPad Pro and the BF was actually powered by it. Will I still have to use an external power supply if I'm not using phantom power?

The iPad Pro provides full power, and the PSU is not required.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Really glad to hear that. It could be mentioned in the manual though - I almost ordered a PSU. But that is great.

I nearly blew my speakers or ears when pressing the MIX 1 in snapshots - why are snapshots stored with the master volume at max? That's rather dangerous I'd say. Is there any safety setting in total mix? The output of BFP FS seems to be very loud.

Set the switch on the bottom of the unit to +4, that is lower level than +19.

In the TotalMix menu, go to Options > Preferences > Snapshots - Do not load and select Main/Phones volume

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

8 (edited by Soarer 2020-11-23 23:30:47)

Thanks that's better now. The setting in snapshots was already on Main but setting it to both - still snapshots are loading max volume.

Don't know if it's ok to keep asking unrelated questions here but speaking about bus power earlier - would the BFP work with a new iPhone 12 Pro in class compliant mode? Would it also provide full power for the unit like the iPad? (+4 setting now). If possible can I then use GarageBand to record both stereo inputs or which app?

An answer to my latest questions would be appreciated, please.

It will work with iPhone but you need an external DC power supply for the Babyface. You will also need the Lightning to USB camera connection kit.

I don't know about channel support, I don't use iPhones.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff.

The iPad Pro is a different beast with a much larger battery that is why it can power the bfp.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

13 (edited by Soarer 2020-11-30 11:35:07)

After having used the BFP FS in CC mode with my iPad and reconnecting to my Mac (PC mode) it is not recognised. I have tried several times now.

Back to post 3?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Of course not. I’m not making that mistake again.

I restarted and it works again. I'll report if it happens again.
I have found that I cannot switch CC/PC mode when connected to the iPad so I can only do that when connected to the MacBook Pro.

17 (edited by Soarer 2020-12-08 21:34:42)

Jeff wrote:

It will work with iPhone but you need an external DC power supply for the Babyface. You will also need the Lightning to USB camera connection kit.

I don't know about channel support, I don't use iPhones.

Will a Lightning to Usb C (or A) female adapter work here?

Like this: (EDIT: This one does not support data, only charging)
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Stouchi-Char … amp;sr=8-3

Or is it better to et a cable like this?:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com … L1000_.jpg

I have ordered this one since the one I posted in previous reply does not transfer data. This one does:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Lightning-Ce … 8&th=1