Topic: fireface ufx

i have a fireface ufx older version, not the 2.  when i power on there is a lot off crackling and popping noises coming from inside the unit, very close to the power switch by the sounds of it.  it usually lasts 4 or 5 seconds then stops, the unit appears to be working fine (for now).  anybody have any ideas what the problem could be please?  thank you.  sid.

Re: fireface ufx

Internal power supply needs to be replaced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Internal power supply needs to be replaced.

Very disappointing.  I have managed to trash the power supply with very light home use?  I thought it was going to be a long term investment given the price tag.  I'll most likely try something else.

Thanks for the reply, most appreciated.

Sid.

I'm sorry about that. But you might want to reconsider whether you are really doing yourself a favour by changing the manufacturer. You probably won't find a comparable quality if you consider the quality of the drivers and operating software as well as the hardware quality.

Such things are annoying, but can happen from time to time due to component tolerances that cannot be completely avoided during production. With other manufacturers its the same.

Have i.e. a look at the used equipment market and find out what impressive prices can still be achieved with used RME equipment. This is only possible by two things: 1. quality / durability of the devices and 2. long software maintenance.

My recommendation to you: sleep on it one more night.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ordered a replacement power supply, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Sid.

spent money on a replacement power supply, installed, powered up, no strange noises but all lights including lcd flashing on and off quickly.  checked all my connections, powered on again.  very loud grinding/crackling type noise coming from within, way worse than before so immediately switched it off.  think im done with this now, moving on.

went for a motu, we'll see how we go.

i've just had an email to say that louiss123 has replied to this topic but i don't see it here?