Topic: I Have some problem (BabyFacePro Fs)

I have two problem..

1. I have some kind of crackling in the sound when I turn on any the game. I mean, I plug my headphones into the BabyFace, turn on the game. In the game I can hear the crackling. Cracks sound only in the game.
2. When I connect an analog instrument to the BabyFace, I hear a lot of noise. I work in Ableton, connect 2Jack-2Jack Roland RCC-10-2814. The cable is high quality, there should be no noise. But If I leave Ableton, the noise is gone. I mean, if you play the instrument without the Ableton program, there is no noise (interference). Noise only sounds when I press "Activate the Arm button for the tracks" in Ableton. There is noise even if I don't play the instrument. When I turn off the "Activate the Arm button for the tracks" the noise disappears. But if you record, the noise is also recorded with the melody.

2 (edited by hussprod 2020-12-13 11:23:37)

Re: I Have some problem (BabyFacePro Fs)

ramses wrote:

Please add information about your system (OS, CPU, RAM, Mainboad), see
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 99#p162599

How is the system/CPU load ?
How many WDM devices did you define ?
What ASIO buffersize do you use for gaming ?

1. System - 49%, CPU - 18% when i used Ableton. Ableton CPU Overload 20%
2. Only my mouse and BabyFace Pro FS are connected to my computer. The BabyFace Pro has headphones and one analog instrument, a KORG minilogue XD. Nothing else.
3. I care about the game the least. When working in Ableton, you can hear noise. If you exit the program, there is no noise. Noise is also recorded in Ableton. I use 512 buffersize everywhere

3 (edited by hussprod 2020-12-13 11:57:57)

ramses wrote:

You still do not deliver information about your system.
Sorry, no idea.

I'm sorry, my bad.
WINDOWS 10 Home Version 20H2
Asus ROG Strix SCAR II GL504
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
16.0GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

I have no monitor, using only headphones.

About WDM Device, is set to 6 in the settings

4 (edited by ramses 2020-12-13 11:59:43)

Sorry, I am out of this thread, when I looked there was again no information about the OS which I requested already 2 times.
Sorry, this is simply too time consuming for me.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Sorry, I am out of this thread, when I looked there was again no information about the OS which I requested already 2 times.
Sorry, this is simply too time consuming for me.

I provided all the information you asked for. If you don't have time to help, please don't write anything. Thank you for your help.

Do a search on DPC latency and download a checker. You may have a device/driver that is causing the problem. Your pc should be able to handle lower than 512 buffers easily. My 12 year old i7 can get down to 64 buffers without problems as can my new i9. If you are getting clicks and pops at 512 buffers then there is a bottleneck somewhere

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

7 (edited by ramses 2020-12-13 12:51:26)

I told you my requirements to support you, but you didn't deliver needed information.
The information about e.g. OS was again missing and I had no fun in asking for it a 3rd time.
I saw later, that you added it later, but then I decided already to stop at this point.
I have time to help, but its not nice having to ask for things again and again.
Its your decision to support the troubleshooting process in the best possible way or not.
I am customer like you .. I do this in my free time, there is no must ..

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

I told you my requirements to support you, but you didn't deliver needed information.
The information about e.g. OS was again missing and I had no fun in asking for it a 3rd time.
I saw later, that you added it later, but then I decided already to stop at this point.
I have time to help, but its not nice having to ask for things again and again.
Its your decision to support the troubleshooting process in the best possible way or not.
I am customer like you .. I do this in my free time, there is no must ..

My friend, thank you for the time you give to people. Yes, I missed your question, but I fixed it. My problem was not solved. Apparently the problem is in my PC. Something is not working correctly.. maybe

9 (edited by hussprod 2020-12-13 16:08:02)

mkok wrote:

Do a search on DPC latency and download a checker. You may have a device/driver that is causing the problem. Your pc should be able to handle lower than 512 buffers easily. My 12 year old i7 can get down to 64 buffers without problems as can my new i9. If you are getting clicks and pops at 512 buffers then there is a bottleneck somewhere

Thanks for the reply! I'm getting noise/clicks in 2028... i have no idea what could it be. I'm surprised that the problems are only in the DAW. Youtube, Spotify and ect.. sounds good, no clicks.