1 (edited by joaopfp96 2020-11-07 14:53:07)

Topic: Problems with RME UCX and Ableton Live 9 on Windows 10

Hi,
Setup:
RME UCX with the latest driver.
HP OMEN 17. Windows 10.
Ableton Live 9.

My RME had problems since day one, from sound switching between outputs on Total Mix to weird digital noise every time I plug cables into the inputs. The first problem was solved by rebooting my computer, but the noise keeps there somehow.

At the beginning of this month, in Ableton, started to pop up "Failed to Open the audio device ASIO Fireface USB". And I have to switch to Fireface Usb constantly every time it goes "off"/down. The same happens when I'm on Youtube, or Winamp listening to music. The sound goes "off"/down and comes up again in seconds. I thought this was due to the installation of ASIO4ALL, but already uninstalled it, and keeps coming.

-Already organized my matrix view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQncOh … %C3%BAdios
-Already uninstalled the drivers, plugged off the RME UCX, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, plug in the RME, rebooted the computer, but it keeps happening.
-At First I thought it was the USB cable, but this is the one that came with the package.

This is not normal.
Thanks!

Re: Problems with RME UCX and Ableton Live 9 on Windows 10

Bad USB. Try a different port. If you don't have one then use USB-C adapter or external Thunderbolt dock for USB connection.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Bad USB. Try a different port. If you don't have one then use USB-C adapter or external Thunderbolt dock for USB connection.

It keeps happening, changing from UCX Speakers to Realtek Audio on it´s own...
Thanks

Is that a used UCX? Are you sure its power supply is ok?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Is that a used UCX? Are you sure its power supply is ok?

Perfectly New! Bought on Thomann half year ago, always had issues with it hmm

Then back to post 2 and RME support if you need more help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The noise keeps here and pops and clips come from no where. already tried different USB cables but the pops keep happen, is this normal?

Obviously not normal, and not a known issue of the UCX as such. Can you test the unit with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME