Topic: Fireface UC and High Sierra 10.13.6 NOT WORKING...

Hello fellow RME'rs,

i just got into the rows of owning a rme interface and wanted to dive in instantly.
But my MacBook stopped me from doing so. Better said, the High Sierra 10.13.6 as it seems.

I tried installing/setting up the interface and just connected it and turned it on
(while being in Windows Mode, as i know now, but didnt know as i did try it the first time)
and it happened all like it should in the installing process, the security popup was there (unknown driver -> allow)
and i had to type in my password. -> then restart.
After that i tried to "allow" all of it in system settings -> security.

But well, the button is not doing anything.
I tried installing the driver several times, like 4-5 times.
Then having the interface in "AP"-> MAC Mode. But nothing.
Then having the Totalmix + Usb Driver Settings open, as suggested in the pdf from rme, nothing.

Then i tried deinstalling / deleting everything rme related that i could find + wiping the whole folder that keeps the data of all the unallowed >security blocked< stuff that had the >rme fireface< residue in it, with a terminal command. Still nothing.
The security warning didnt show up again, when i tried reinstalling. Just the password got asked.

(by the way it works on my Win Pc, tried that today, so its not the interfaces issue)

Wether the solution is that somebody knows exactly what files i have to delete to make a clean reinstall on mac, while having the interface in the right mode.

OR

A solution that is deeper hidden in my machine.

Maybe somebody encountered a similar situation in the past.
If i dont find answers here, i think ill find it nowhere !

Have a great time !

Re: Fireface UC and High Sierra 10.13.6 NOT WORKING...

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30462

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Fireface UC and High Sierra 10.13.6 NOT WORKING...

THANKS A BUNCH !

I went that way that was described in the link you provided.

Then, deleting the Kernel Extension again,

searching via the finder for : Fireface
then clicking on the "+" near the searchbar
choosing show system files too, and make them visible,

two files will pop up                              -> RMEFirefaceUSB.kext
                                                          -> RMEFirefaceUSB.kext

you can right click on both of them, and delete the one that shows the possibility to do so,
cause the other one is only deletable via a terminal command. But shouldnt be a issue here.
If it is for you, look into how to delete "StagedExtensions". I did that previously too but i cant figure if that has anything
to do with it working now.

And do another reinstall again, with the FireFace Uc connected (in AP-Mode of course) and
as i finished the installation, Totalmix & Fireface Usb Settings popped up.

God im relieved xD !
It shows up on ableton.
I didnt expect it to work so quickly !

I want to wish a great time to everybody that may stumble upon this thread !
Smile !