Topic: USB ARC Total Mix FX Feature request

I am hoping that in a future update of some sort, the ARC remote for TotalMix FX (and my UFX+) can have a toggle to a finer rotary encoder step. Currently every “click” of the rotary encoder on the ARC remote moves the main fader up/down 0.5db. However it would be nice to have a more granular setting, or let the steps be user definable. For me I’d like the steps to be 0.1db but I imagine it is possible someone else would like the steps to be larger, or even finer. So having more discrete control over the granularity over the rotary encoder on the ARC USB would be amazing.

Re: USB ARC Total Mix FX Feature request

For 0.1 increments/decrements hold the shift key. Its the same for mouse wheel and ARC USB.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

For 0.1 increments/decrements hold the shift key. Its the same for mouse wheel and ARC USB.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a try tomorrow. However I would still like this feature added. I’d rather have the encoder stand at 0.1db steps than needing to use a modifier to have smaller steps.

Ok so I have tested the "shift" while using the ARC USB rotary encoder. And pressing shift while it works for the scroll wheel, doesn't work for the rotary encoder. So even the workaround doesn't work.

Strange, for me "Shift+Rotary Encoder" works fine, also UFX+ here.
Which SW / driver / firmware do you use ?
For comparison:

• TM FX v1.72

• Driver 0.9734

• SW Version 44 (in the display after power cycle).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by falcowe 2020-12-27 21:58:24)

Huh that is strange it must be something about my setup then.

TM FX v1.72
Driver 1.12
SW v44
Firmware v.105

I'm connected to my UFX+ via thunderbolt (OS X 10.15.7) and my ARC USB is connected directly to the UFX+ and not my computer.

falcowe wrote:

Huh that is strange it must be something about my setup then.

TM FX v1.72
Driver 1.12
SW v44
Firmware v.105

I'm connected to my UFX+ via thunderbolt (OS X 10.15.7) and my ARC USB is connected directly to the UFX+ and not my computer.

I connect ARC USB through computer, maybe this makes the difference.

Yes, that makes the difference. I have to check if this is a known limitation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Yes, that makes the difference. I have to check if this is a known limitation.

Hey MC,
Did you ever figure out if this is a known limitation of the ARC USB? Or is it possible in a future version of TMFX or I guess a FW of the UFX+ to make the ARC USB rotary knob have a finer (or even user definable) increment?

The Shift key works in the upcoming 1.73 TM FX with the ARC USB connected to the interface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've been having a small issue with this as well from TM 1.6x to 1.72. It's fine to hold the shift to get the smaller steps, but there are times I'd just want to lock that encoder to that finer step resolution or to set somewhere smaller step resolution that TM uses.

I feel like it would be great if you didn't need to use both of your hands with ARC USB constantly for finer steps smile (One holding shift, one using encoder)

Hello! Does anyone know if it is already possible to assign talkback to outputs not labeled "phones"? I have seen some old threads in which the feature is requested to be able to send the talkback signal to Adat outputs, for example. I have tried and I have not been able to send a signal. I have a RME 802 and the ARC Usb. Greetings.

Rme 802 / Arc Usb / Cubase user.

Seriously - you can't see the label 'Talkback' in all those non-phones output channels?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME