Topic: Has anyone else had a bust USB chip on UCX?

Happy new year,

So I am not getting any connection via USB port on my UCX. It takes power, red light comes on when connected with and without the power adapter but UCX isn't recognised. This happened after I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable.
USB port was wobbly, I changed it. Still no luck. I tried it with different USB cables, also tried it on my Mac pro, still not recognised.

I am able to run it with firewire on my Mac pro and everything works as it should but not with USB.
I use my Macbook pro these days via USB port and really need to work with USB. (using thunderbolts for displays!)

Anyone else had such experience or any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Okan

Re: Has anyone else had a bust USB chip on UCX?

Can you test the unit with another computer (Mac or PC)? Which driver have you installed? Is the unit in CC mode (see manual)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Has anyone else had a bust USB chip on UCX?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes I have tried it with both of my Mac machines, I have the latest drivers installed on both machines.
Everything was working normal on both machines until I plugged it in and out of the wobbly USB port, then something happened.

Right now it operates as normal from firewire port on my Mac pro. I don't have firewire port on my 2015 Macbook pro so I can check. I also checked it on a PC via USB. It powers up but doesn't get not recognised by the system.

To summarise; the device operates normally via firewire but not with USB. When connected via USB it powers up but doesn't communicate.

Thank you