1 (edited by mmmiiijjj 2021-01-08 16:35:49)

Topic: Babyface original - headphone only gives mono signal

Hello,

I bought a Babyface second hand and can't get a stereo signal out of the headphone out, on either the input on the right-hand of the device side or the breakout cable.

I'm on windows 10 and it's using An 3+4 because that is what it defaulted to.

The mono button does nothing but make things quieter. Panning all the way to one direction does nothing. When using a stereo-checker (on youtube for example) the meters on the device show a signal hard left and hard right but I am hearing the exact same thing out of each headphone the entire time. It is probably user error but I can't figure out what is going on.

If I use the same headphones through my laptop direct I get a stereo signal.

Many thanks

Re: Babyface original - headphone only gives mono signal

Does the headphone have a trs or trrs plug (3 or 4 contacts)? If 4 that might be the issue.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

3 (edited by mmmiiijjj 2021-01-08 16:49:48)

Hi,

It is a TRS plug

Well, A TRS adapter over a TRRS plug...

mmmiiijjj wrote:

Hi,

It is a TRS plug

I have an adapter that causes the same issue, or at least similar. The fact that mono is softer is an indication of wrong wiring. So try a headphones with real trs before worrying about the babyface.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

I’ve had that issue as well using adapters when the headphones have a microphone. It’s not all adapters and it depends on the tolerance of them to which will work. Sounds like you need one which has all 4 points at one end and then the mic wire left off at the other end. I didn’t bother resolving my issue as I was just trying them out on my drums and just used another pair.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

vinark wrote:
mmmiiijjj wrote:

Hi,

It is a TRS plug

I have an adapter that causes the same issue, or at least similar. The fact that mono is softer is an indication of wrong wiring. So try a headphones with real trs before worrying about the babyface.

Hello,

For anyone who scours the internet looking for a solution (like I did), this was indeed the issue. I got a pair of headphones with the right plug type and it is now working fine in stereo.

Thank you for your insight.