1 (edited by scopus 2021-01-14 20:22:11)

Topic: help connecting bf pro to additional monitor

hello i have the main xlr outs of bf pro going to my main monitors and i would like to connect also a single mixcube monitor in mono. the mixcube  has xlr and trs/ts inputs.
Is it correct to listen to the mono speaker i should assign main out b to PH 3/4, activate speaker b and mono,  and connect the headphone output to the monitor via balanced trs cable? or ts cable?

Please let me know if i set it up correctly in totalmix and what cable to use as I am getting very different sound and level between trs and ts cables

thanks

Re: help connecting bf pro to additional monitor

How is the sound different and what kind of cables are you using? Does the Cube have balanced mono inputs? These won't connect directly to a stereo TRS....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by scopus 2021-01-15 22:32:36)

RME Support wrote:

How is the sound different and what kind of cables are you using? Does the Cube have balanced mono inputs? These won't connect directly to a stereo TRS....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

the cube has:
“combo XLR” input accepts a BALANCED male XLR plug as well
as a 3-conductor BALANCED TRS ¼” or a 2 conductor UNBALANCED TS ¼” male plug. For
unbalanced operation with a TS connector the minus signal is automatically grounded.
INPUTS: XLR & TRS +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
SENSITIVITY: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL

With TS to TS unbalanced cable when activating mono in total mix the level is about the same but with TRS to TRS balanced cable when activating mono cant figure out why for some reason level goes down like 20db

thanks

Obviously the TRS signal is not balanced, but unbalanced stereo. That won't work. It also doesn't sound correct when not setting it to mono. Use only one channel unbalanced and its ok.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Obviously the TRS signal is not balanced, but unbalanced stereo. That won't work. It also doesn't sound correct when not setting it to mono. Use only one channel unbalanced and its ok.

ah i see, k ill use the TS-TS cable

thanks!