Topic: Snapshot Question

Love the ARC.

I would like to have my control of the rotary knob follow my snapshot selection.  For example, if I choose SNAP1, the rotary knob would control the main fader.  When I choose SNAP2, the rotary knob would change to control my phones fader. 

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Michael

2 (edited by ramses 2021-01-16 16:27:54)

Re: Snapshot Question

I just tried, four possibilities:

1) Assign either your Monitors or Phones to "Main Out" in the different snapshots
2) Change TM FX settings manually on demand
    Options->Arc & Key command settings->ARC USB Settings->Default Encoder Function: Main Out (Default), Phones 1..4, ..

These ARC USB settings seem to be part of workspace settings.
I validated it by
a) selecting a different snapshot, changed the "Default Encoder Function" from "Main Out" to "Phones 1" and changed back
    Result: "Phones 1" is still selected, selecting the other Snapshot didn't change it
b) Pressed ALT-1 (Quick Workspace Select of Slot 1), this restores the whole settings (Snapshot and Workplace settings)
    Result: "Default Encoder Function" was properly restored to be "Main Out"

Based on this observation I see two further possibilites
3. Save two different workplace settings, one with "Default Encoder Function" to "Main Out", another to "Phones 1"
4. Once you have finalized your TM FX setup in terms of Snapshots/Routings
    save all your settings in two different Quick Workspace Select Slots 1 and 2
    TM FX winows needs to be open and active
    Then you can restore with one keypress "ALT-1" or "ALT-2" either Quick Workspace Select Slot 1 or 2
    with the different settings for "Default Encoder Function" to "Main Out" or to "Phones 1"

All has its pro and cons in terms of operability. I think the best useability has Option #4, but you need at least to open your TM FX window as prerequisite for it to work, which is maybe also a bit combersome in terms of easy operation.

@RME: I am not sure at the moment whether its possible or whether this might have unwanted side effects.

But wouldn't it be maybe a better solution to think about storing the value of "Default Encoder Function" in snapshots instead of workspaces ? Then you would only need to select your Snapshot and could directly control the volume of either Monitors or Phones.

EDIT: would also be a nice solution to store this in snapshots, because then its also very easy to be used in standalone mode when connecting the ARC USB to the UFX II or UFX+.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks so much Ramses!

I think your solutions work well, but having to open the TMFX window adds one step as you pointed out.  And I think your suggestion to RME would do exactly what I was looking for. 

What I have done is to link my "main" and "phones" as a fader group while muting my "main" and saving this as SNAP2.  Then when I switch to SNAP2, my rotary encoder is only affecting my phones mix.  For SNAP1, I do not have the faders grouped together so I still have full control over all settings from my ARC. 

I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks for your help!

4 (edited by ramses 2021-01-16 16:28:23)

mkogon wrote:

Thanks so much Ramses!

I think your solutions work well, but having to open the TMFX window adds one step as you pointed out.  And I think your suggestion to RME would do exactly what I was looking for. 

What I have done is to link my "main" and "phones" as a fader group while muting my "main" and saving this as SNAP2.  Then when I switch to SNAP2, my rotary encoder is only affecting my phones mix.  For SNAP1, I do not have the faders grouped together so I still have full control over all settings from my ARC. 

I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks for your help!

Also a very nice idea indeed. See also my "EDIT" in post #2, another reason why this would be very practical.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13