Topic: Is this working? Optical headphone amp

Hey RME Forum,

I have a question about the routing. I have a beyerdynamic h1 headphone amp and sourround system. I need to go with optical input into the amp. Now I want to buy a RME Babyface Pro FS with TM FX. My main usage is live streaming and gaming on twitch. Can I route the audio signal from system, discord, microphone and  music into the TM FX software and then into the OBS software via Master Mix. And then create a seperate Submix for the optical output from the RME Babyface Pro FS to the headphone amp. I know the signal is only stereo but this is fine. I dont want to hear myself in the headphones, so i want a seperate Submix. But is this possible or is there a problem in my setup?
Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english. I hope you can understand me.

Best Regards

Smithus

Re: Is this working? Optical headphone amp

Does anyone have an idea if this is possible?  smile

3 (edited by waedi 2021-01-23 18:55:57)

Yes !
It is not a typical everyday setup but I am sure I would be able to to that.
. "Can I route the audio signal from system, discord, microphone and  music into the TM FX software" ?
Everything that is connected to the babyface is automatic in TM.
The routing is not that difficult you have to make a Loopback of the mainmix and the Loopback channel is the new input channel that you have to choose inside OBS, as the master-Out-Loopback goes to Input 1 and 2, you got probably the mix already in OBS without any further configuration, but it is better to do the configuration by yourself for learning.
There are 3 videos Workshop Totalmix you must watch those !

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you for your detailed reply. Yes this is not a common setup that's why I ask.
Okay that is very useful.
Yes I will try to learn it well, I have already watched the tutorials.
Will order it next week and look forward to it.
Thanks for the detailed answer to the question. That is very friendly.