Topic: Fireface 400; Windows

To all FF400 Guys Out!

Which experience do you have with the Fireface 400 on Windows systems?

Which OS, Which driver do work with each other?
do you work with a DAW if yes which one!?

How do they work together!?

looking forward to hear from your Answers!

Freindly Greets Tupac
:)

Re: Fireface 400; Windows

RME manufactures the best devices you can get for your money, the FF400 is no exception.
The only thing that you should question yourself is, whether you want to invest into a firewire based recording interface in 2021. Microsoft doesn't officially support Firewire anymore in Windows 10 since longer time.
There are still Firewire drivers available for Win10 and it might still work now, but nobody can tell you how long this will continue to work. From RME you only get the Firewire driver for the FF400. The Firewire driver is an older one from Microsoft and nobody knows how long the Microsoft kernel will support this old driver.

RME offers driver for Microsoft and apple and they work great, RME is known for driver quality.

You can take any DAW you like.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-01-22 22:14:24)

Hi, I have FF400 on Windows 10 latest updates. In my system I have Texas Instruments 1394 FireWire card and it works perfectly without any problems, didn't need any drivers because they are in windows library so they will install on their own.
I am using Cubase 11 Pro, acid pro, Adobe Audition, Soundforge, Native Instruments Machine and a lot of other hardware and software stuff.

4 (edited by 2pac.torres@gmail.com 2021-01-23 23:00:38)

Ramses: Thanks I think your right. have the fireface400 already a while and,running on on macbok, works great!
more recent im on a new computer and I've had some issues with totalmix and the driver on windows 10
and totalmix was notdoing what it usually does.
So I just wonder which combinations I can run on the new computer tomake fit well compatible.
thats why I askout for people with FF400 and windows:
how are you doning it?
and how does it work out?

so you say there might be no software driver inwindows10 to receive firewire data?
thanks! i'll check this!

Thermaltake: cool which version ofthe RME driver are you running!?
totalmix Is not really reacting in my case.
Is there some usual issue for: getting no signal; or: not opening up?
maybe I have a just old version?

looking forward to your views
nice winter!

5 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-02-24 21:25:34)

2pac.torres@gmail.com wrote:

Thermaltake: cool which version ofthe RME driver are you running!?
totalmix Is not really reacting in my case.
Is there some usual issue for: getting no signal; or: not opening up?
maybe I have a just old version?

looking forward to your views
nice winter!

Latest version v3.125 with latest totalmix v1.72.
No issues here.
What firewire card do you have ?

P.S
I am currently selling my FF400 and planning to buy UCX. I don't want Firewire anymore in my PC it's just old type of connection and that's the only reason why I am selling her.