1 (edited by johnlewisgrant 2021-01-25 08:15:43)

Topic: Win 10 update kills HDSP9632 (old pci slot) ver 4.36

My setup:
OS Win 10 (home)
Winver: 20H2
os build 19042.746

CPU Coffee Lake I7 3.7
Ram 48 GB RipJaws 1066 MHz
MB ASRock Z379 Pro 4 (which came with ONE pci slot (as well as a bunch of new slots, which I'm not using), hence the old HDSP, NOT the HDSPe)
Storage: Samsung SSDs (4)
Audio:RME HDSP (pci) 9632??????????!!!!!!!!!!! This card is starting to BUG me.

Soooooo, accidentally did the most recent Win 10 update AND---of course: THE CARD STOPPED WORKING
Windows SAYS everything's OK with the device, no IRQ conflicts, but obviously something's not right.

Did the usual: pulled the card; uninstalled the driver; reinstalled the driver (the most recent version ... 4.36); did a firmware update; reinstalled the card; reboot from cold state (AC plug pulled).... ; checked all the WMD settings were ON, Speakers ON (all of them).  One card only, the HDSP.  Win defaults set to ADAT (1+2) and Analog (1+2) on playback and recording.

Re: Win 10 update kills HDSP9632 (old pci slot) ver 4.36

Solution, of sorts:

The TotalMix application ends up in the system32 directory, and a couple of other directories.  Once I run the app, everything works. 

For some reason, the app is not opening automatically.  I'll move the app to a convenient place, for now, and simply run it when I need audio.

Run msconfig or right click on the task bar and open (forgot the name as not in front of my pc) but you can navigate to startup. See if it is in there and make sure it is enabled.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

A simple issue, the whole thing.  Very easy to solve.  I wasted a lot of time doing things like a fresh Win 10 installation, which requires of course re-installing a lot of apps. I get the impression from other sites that there are quite a few folks who have encountered the same issue and who have taken the expensive route: purchasing the pci(e) card which may be less susceptible to Win 10 updates. Who knows.  Anyhow, lesson learned.