Topic: UFX digital distortion on startup inputs indicating signal overload

I've been a proud owner of the UFX for a long time now and in the last two days have been encountering a worrying experience.
I'm on Windows 10..I'll put the computer to sleep for the night. Wake it up in the morning and turn on my UFX. Usually for the last 8 years all good. Yesterday, the UFX booted up normally. Once the USB light came on everything changed. Immediately got a piercing constant digital/feedback overload noise coming out of my speakers. On the UFX meters channels 1-4 are red and the rest of the inputs are showing full volume. There is nothing input into the unit. In total mix even if I mute outputs the feedback is still going on. Power down the unit and turn on again same thing. Do it a couple more times and it goes away to not happen again until....I put the computer to sleep and the cycle begins again in the morning. Any ideas? Is there something going on with my computer and the UFX? Going to run more tests today without it plugged into the computer and see if it's a USB issue but not sure how that would cause input channels 1-10 to overload. Thanks!

Re: UFX digital distortion on startup inputs indicating signal overload

i may be wrong, but it seems to be the thing that happended to me. it ended in the rme repair shop. the cost was not that expensive, thank to rme...

you may want to read the topic i wrote about it
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25773

Re: UFX digital distortion on startup inputs indicating signal overload

thanks for that response. That does seem to be a similar issue with different test results mine are 0,0000,0000,18,0,20
Contacting support to figure out service options.