1 (edited by Gozi 2021-01-29 06:27:37)

Topic: adi 2 dac new version display after firmware update

Hello, I ordered the adi 2 dac for my 2nd floor-standing pc because I already had it on my first pc and wanted the new version at the same time. so far everything worked wonderfully.

Up to the present day when I thought to do a firmware update for the dac.
No sooner said than done, noted the current firmware on it anyway, but after a restart of the dac, the display is no longer visible, just a noisy screen like a television without reception in the past, totally mixed up louder colored dots etc, the audio-wise the dac works flawlessly.

anyone an idea ???
maybe a downgrade of the firmwarte or a kind of reset helps. I have no idea where you can download old firmware on the rme side only the latest is available.

best regards from Austria

Alex

ps   when i check  the firmwarte wioth  the  newest fut firmwareupdate  it  shows    as  follows

angezeigt  new revision: usb 27 dsp 33
                                                          current usb revision :27
                                                          dsp firmware version :33
                                                          fallback usb version  :34

Programming status  up to date

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guten tag , ich habe mir  für meinen  2. standpc   den  adi 2 dac  bestellt da ich ihn schon beim ersten pc  habe  und  gleichzeitig  die  neue  version  haben wollte .  soweit  so gut  funktionierte  auch alles wunderbar .

Bis  zum heutigen tage   als  ich mir  dachte   machste mal  firmwareupdate   für  den  dac .
Gesagt  getan  gemerkt  das  ehh aktuelle  firmware  drauf  war   aber  egal  jedenfalls  nach   neustart  des  dacs  ist  das  display  nicht mehr sichtbar  nur  noch  verrauschter  bildschirm  wie früher  ein fernseher  ohne empfang ,  total  verauscht lauter  farbige  punkte  etc ,    audiomässig   funktioniert  der  dac  aber  tadelllos .

irgendwer  eine idee???
vieleicht  hilft  ein downgrade  der  firmwarte  oder  eine art  reset   ich hb keine ahnung ,   wo  könnt e man  alte  firmware   runterladen      auf  der  rme  seite  ist  immer  nur  die  neuste  erhältlich  .

ganz liebe Grüsse  aus  Österreich

Alex

Re: adi 2 dac new version display after firmware update

Solch ein Efekt ist typisch für ein Downgrade! FUT neu starten - welche Version wird für das Gerät angezeigt? Es muss die 34/34 sein.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

so fut neu gestartet  es wird  angezeigt  new revision: usb 27 dsp 33

update wiederholen    bringt  auch nix
also  mir ist  es  ein rätsel  , vileicht  gerät  doch defekt  und reif  für servicewerkstätte    oder    doch   irgendwo  ein firmware  downgrade  finden .

lg  Alex

Hello, I ordered the adi 2 dac for my 2nd floor-standing pc because I already had it on my first pc and wanted the new version at the same time. so far everything worked wonderfully.

Up to the present day when I thought to do a firmware update for the dac.
No sooner said than done, noted the current firmware on it anyway, but after a restart of the dac, the display is no longer visible, just a noisy screen like a television without reception in the past, totally mixed up louder colored dots etc, the audio-wise the dac works flawlessly.

anyone an idea ???
maybe a downgrade of the firmwarte or a kind of reset helps. I have no idea where you can download old firmware on the rme side only the latest is available.

best regards from Austria

Alex

ps   when i check  the firmwarte wioth  the  newest fut firmwareupdate  it  shows    as  follows

angezeigt  new revision: usb 27 dsp 33

so man glaubt es kaum aber nach 15 versuchen die  firmware   nochmal upzudaten  verschwand  der  fehler    beim  16. mal  und  das  display  zeigt  nach neustart  des   gerätes  wieder  alles  normal an .

warum das so ist   keine Ahhhnung  hauptsache  mein gelöiebter  adi 2 dac   funktioniert  wieder  wie  er  soll .

Mfg   Alex

-----------------------

you can hardly believe it but after 15 attempts to update the firmware again the error disappeared the 16th time and the display shows everything normally again after restarting the device.

why that's so no idea the main thing my beloved adi 2 dac is working as it should.

Mfg Alex