I think my review of RMEs new 12Mic contains useful information for you.
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … XTC-DE-EN/
Direct link to full PDF Review in DE or EN:
- DE: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.ph … e-1-0-pdf/
- EN: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.ph … n-1-0-pdf/
If you need something for mobile recording then I would choose the UFX+ because its fully operateable via its display in standby mode. You can also connect ARC USB directly to the dedicated USB port in the back.
DURec (Direct USB recording) is very useful as main recording in stand-alone operation mode or as backup recording in case the DAW recording would have an issue.
Its nice to have USB3 and Thunderbolt as an option.
Although the XTC has some very nice features I would choose the 12Mic, because it is the more modern device and you can switch to AVB as soon as you want or need.
On the other hand the XTC has a very nice unique feature set:
- support MADI delay compensation
- 4x PAD
- two nice phones outputs instead of one
- 4x AES I/O
- USB can be used for audio by CC mode (can be used as recording interface for iPAD)
- 1 ADAT in, 2x ADAT OUT
XTC has AUXDEVICE support, for 12mic its promised, but not yet there
- both can be used as format converter
- both support AUTOSET
Definitively a cool setup up to double speed (UFX+ has only one MADI bus)
- Optional: ARC USB, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE (if you want the ultimate phones preamps)
You can also use the MADIface XT then you have more MADI busses and can run this in quad speed.
But my preference is the UFX+ because of
- DURec, its standalone capabilities, USB port on the back for ARC USB
- USB3 and thunderbolt (external PCIe) support, even USB2 (without MADI)
Double speed should be more than enough in terms of quality.
With the 12Mic you are future ready for AVB.
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro20H2, Cub11Pro, UFX+ (v0.9735), XTC, 12Mic, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE