Topic: Ferrrofish Pulse 16 & Digiface USB do not work

I try to connect the ADAT out of my Ferrofish Puls 16 with my brand new Digiface USB.

Whatever I do, it does not work. Ferrofish Pulse ADAT out is connected to ADAT IN1 on the Digiface. In the settings it says: Optical 1 Sync 48 kHz ADAT. Sample rate is correct and clocksource Optical IN.

As soon I open TotalMix it freezes immediately no input on the level meter, no sound on the phone out.

(The Digiface is not broken, I crosschecked functionality with another external SPDIF signal from a bluetooth receiver and it worked).

Anybody any idea what is going wrong with the Ferrofish ADAT signal?

Re: Ferrrofish Pulse 16 & Digiface USB do not work

Make sure the adat input is set to adat and not spdif in the RME settings panel.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

The inputs are all set to ADAT. The setting indicates that the sync is OK. But no signal in Total mix and no signal at the phone out

4 (edited by waedi 2021-02-06 15:36:44)

When you say, no signal at the phone out, you mean the headphone out of the digiface or the headphone out of the Ferrofish ?

The Digiface alone works fine with the computer and you can listen music from the computer by the phone out of the Digiface ?

Can you connect the Ferrofish for a test with one toslink cable from Digiface out to Ferrofish In ?
Set the Ferrofish clock to external adat and Digiface clock internal as master.
Check if you can listen music from the computer via the headphone socket at the Ferrofish.
Does it work that way ?
If yes, then please do a total reset of Totalmix and see if the music is still there.
If yes, then reconnect the Ferrofish with 2 toslink cables or at least the other way around from Ferrofish out to Digiface In and change the clock settings, Ferrofish clock internal and Digiface clock from external adat.
Freezing or working ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue