Topic: Fireface 800 Flash update for MAC OS Big Sur

Hi! after updating my OS to Big sur my Fireface 800 do not work anymore so i installed the new drivers for Big Sur i did the manipulations to allow the RME drivers, in : preferences --> security and Privacy etc .. everything went great and then after the reboot the fireface settings app pop up this message :

FIRMWARE MISMATCH : This driver requires firmware 2.77 or newer. Please download the latest Flash Update Tool.

So after downloaded the latest Flash updates which is the 2.77, i tried to update the firmware and i got this message :

The app " Fireface Flash" need to be update : The developer of this app must update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer to find out more.

Impossible to find any answers to my questions anywhere so i'm asking here, how could i updated my firmware with a flash update app who doesn't support my current OS ?? I'm turning crazy. Please help !

Re: Fireface 800 Flash update for MAC OS Big Sur

Hello,

I'm afraid you will need to find an older system (or a PC) to update the firmware. If nothing else is available, you could temporarily install an older version on an external USB drive and do it from there...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Is the Fireface 800 likely to be supported on Apple Silicon into the future?

The driver works, but if necessary, you will need to do a firmware update on another system. Mind that the latest version is already quite old and it's unlikely for a device to still run an outdated firmware.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME