Topic: Flipping stereo panner for different mixes

Just got my new UFX II the other day and already used it in a drums tracking session - LOVE IT!

Now, I've set some of the channels (OH's, stereo Room mics) as stereo for monitoring purposes and found out that if I wanna flip (-100%) the width of these tracks, it applies to ALL of the mixes - so the only way I could let the drummer hear the OHs correctly - (he's sitting in front of me so my Left is his Right and vice versa) is to tell him to flip the headphones.

This issue doesn't apply to mono tracks, as they're panned independently within every mix.

Am I missing something here? And if not, any chance it will be fixed in the next TotalMix update?

Thanks!
Gil

Re: Flipping stereo panner for different mixes

That is technically not possible, sorry. You will need to use any kind of workaround to achieve this. If you have this kind of session more often the drummer could use a phones cable adapter that intentionally swaps L/R. A more complicated solution is a digital loopback via optical or AES for the drummer's submix that allows you to swap only his channels in the respective input channel.

Of course you could set the OH channels as two mono channels. What prevents doing this?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Flipping stereo panner for different mixes

Thanks for the reply

I could obviously set the OHs as dual mono, but then won't have linked control over their gain, fader etc.

I wish there was a simple link feature like in most digital mixers...