1 (edited by rawbe 2021-02-08 19:42:34)

Topic: Help: Fireface 800 and MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Hello-
If this has already beed discussed I am sorry to ask again. I have worked on this for hours with no luck. I am trying to use my FF 800 with a new MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with Catalina OSX and no driver has helped the Mac recognize the Fireface!! I am using a Firewire 800>Thunderbolt adapter>USB-C  Adapter. This connection works with an external drive so I know the connectors are working properly. Not once have I seen the FF Driver appeared in the Mac's Security prefs and I have watched MULTIPLE times to see if it happens really quickly. It has not. The drivers I have tried are Drivers 324, 339 and 336 with no luck.

What am I missing??!?!?

Please help before I invest money I don't have for an older Mac just for the Fireface.

Thank you,
Robbie

Also, I tried plugging the FF800 into a friend's OLDER Mac and FF800 works. Plus the FF800 was Flashed up to date on the other Mac.

Re: Help: Fireface 800 and MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Just to add......I have also turned off the system pref for 3rd party apps. So I allow all programs. Still no go. I also went into System recovery>terminal>and added exceptions. I saw this on a sticky post. I followed all directions from posts with no luck.

Anything guys????!!!! You say "it works" but no go on my end.

Robbie

Just to let anyone know that maybe reading this with the same question.....it doesn't work. A few people on here "claim" it works but it doesn't. Don't waste your time or money buying adapters.

I suggest just using/buying an old Mac that has a firewire port.

Robbie

4 (edited by berndk 2021-02-13 20:28:51)

I don't know if this is of any help. I just bought a (used) fireface 400 and it works like a charm on my Macbook Air M1. Same adapters (originally Apple). Worked right away with no tinkering, but the guy I bought it from had the newest firmware installed.

My suggestion would be finding someone with a native FW port, installing the latest Firmware on the FF800 and try again.

Babyface Pro FS +FF 400 used as SPDIF Adat conv. and more inputs.
Waiting for the UCX FS smile