Topic: Monitoring problem

i have win 10 and produce with bitwig studio and rme uc...
i also use an expert sleepers es 8 via adat to send and receive signals from the eurorack.
when I want to record some modular sounds I have the problem, that that signal goes back via adat to the es8 also, so it disturbed the signal I sent via an cv out in bitwig for example... is there a chance to route signal via adat into the daw with out sending it straight back ? this worked on a mac and the same setup, but somehow in windows it reacts differently
cheers
ralph

2 (edited by ramses 2021-02-16 16:56:50)

Re: Monitoring problem

Then simply do not route the disturbing signals to ADAT towards the Euro Rack.
Click to an adat output and you will see from the fader positions what you route to this output from HW inputs and SW playback channels.
There is even another nice trick to click to the "Sub" button in TM FX (under "Layout Presets").
By this TM FX shows only those channels from HW inputs and SW playback channels, that route audio to this particulas Submix (I think hence the name "Sub").

Manual p. 60:
https://www.rme-audio.de/download/fface_uc_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/download/fface_uc_e.pdf

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

If i stop the "disturbing" sound which are cv signals from bitwig to the eurorack, I can only use the adat outputs when there is no audio signal coming back from the eurorack, which transmit the audio thru the adat inputs... and this inputs shouldn't be routed to the output again...

Excuse me I don't get the signal flow / what you intend to do.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

If an input is routed to an output then you can clearly see this routing in TM FX mixer view or matrix view, OR this is a simple input monitoring path activated within your DAW.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME