Topic: Totalmix FX haunted by ghosts.

Hello,
I LOVE TotalMix FX, but it’s been showing quite an annoying behavior recently (1-2 months, I’ve been using it for 4 years)
Faders don’t always go to the value I choose, they sometimes go back to their previous value and I have to try a couple of time before it works correctly. This is very annoying of course and I’m wondering if there’s something I can do about it. Maybe it’s something to do with snapshots?
Here’s a video demonstration of the issue:

https://youtu.be/K9ON_E_4Pgo

The only other app open in the background is Ableton Live, I'm on Mac OS Mojave on a 2017 15inch i7 MacBook Pro.

What could be wrong?

2 (edited by waedi 2021-02-17 17:18:27)

Re: Totalmix FX haunted by ghosts.

Are these green CUE buttons all active at the same time ? Why ?
And also from time to time it is a good idea to make a total reset of Totalmix.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Are these green CUE buttons all active at the same time ? Why ?
And also from time to time it is a good idea to make a total reset of Totalmix.

They're not active.
I've also reinstalled the software a couple of times...

4 (edited by waedi 2021-02-17 17:44:42)

Ah ok I am sorry for the green buttons.
But the total reset of the Totalmix is not done by reinstalling the driver software.
Well, I am not 100% sure if it is the same way in your Babyface as it is in the Fireface 400, but there the changes in Totalmix are stored inside the Fireface unit and the Totalmix total reset is cleaning up the device.
After using Totalmix for years, I still recommend to do the total reset.
Just for trying out.
Totalmix is not a standalone software, it is more a visualization of the routing situation inside the interface.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Find out what changed since two months ago. Like: new background apps installed, tinkering with volume/speaker/loopback apps, use a different USB port than before, changed driver or firmware of the (unmentioned) interface, updated the OS...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME