Topic: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone.

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

Probably everyone would like that and as soon as we get it, Apple will change the whole Appstore and the brandnew Totalmix-app will no longer work.

M1-BigSur, Babyface (soundstudio-to-go), started with PST8, Multiface I, Multiface II, PCIeMadi

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

I didn’t realise it wasn’t. I have it on my iPad and sort of assumed it was just like my Cubase ic pro is on both iPhone and iPad. I don’t need it on my iPhone.

What I do like is that it is still evolving whereas my icpro for Cubase is going nowhere.

4 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-02-17 22:01:11)

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

waedi wrote:

Probably everyone would like that and as soon as we get it, Apple will change the whole Appstore and the brandnew Totalmix-app will no longer work.

This is a very biased thing to write. I'm still on the 6S which was released September 25, 2015, running perfectly fine on latest iOS.

As I have stated before, like many others, iPhone support for Totalmix is a must. I hope RME will take this serious. It's a win win for them and their customers.

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

Me too, also still use my S6 daily.
You call it biased, I call it experienced.
Firewire interface, Firewire mixer, Firewire reverb device, etc. all of a sudden no longer useful.
Of course I also would like to have the Totalmix app for iPhone ! My expectations are just influenced by the time.

M1-BigSur, Babyface (soundstudio-to-go), started with PST8, Multiface I, Multiface II, PCIeMadi

6 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-02-18 18:14:10)

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

waedi wrote:

Me too, also still use my S6 daily.
You call it biased, I call it experienced.
Firewire interface, Firewire mixer, Firewire reverb device, etc. all of a sudden no longer useful.
Of course I also would like to have the Totalmix app for iPhone ! My expectations are just influenced by the time.

Yet another biased opinion. Seems like you’re not coming from knowledge nor experience. Firewire devices work perfectly fine with a simple adapter, and thus are still totally useful and relevant. Please stop lying to try to prove your biased point.

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

waedi wrote:

Me too, also still use my S6 daily.
You call it biased, I call it experienced.
Firewire interface, Firewire mixer, Firewire reverb device, etc. all of a sudden no longer useful.
Of course I also would like to have the Totalmix app for iPhone ! My expectations are just influenced by the time.

I agree with you. Apple has over the years done this many times and hurt customers although I'm sure not intentionally (changed processor vendors, OS technologie, routinely removed ports people depended on including headphone ports for wired headphones, etc). Also, they made the keyboards basically unasable for serious work (finally fixed to the way they used to be on the more recent laptops). I'm saying all this as a huge Apple fan over the years - they do a lot of great inovative things but also they don't hesitate to make sudden changes that can really hurt their long term customers. I ended up switching to windows several years back because Apple were not updating any of their desktop computers for years other than imacs - mac mini and pro lines were completely neglected while laptops became useless for serious work because of the pathetic keyboard with all kinds of issues.

8 (edited by waedi 2021-02-18 19:48:05)

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

@ torbenscharling
Do you own such an adapter ?
And you get a Firewire interface working on a computer that has no firewire ports ?
Can you post a link to that adapter ?
Such an adapter has been requested in this forum without success !

M1-BigSur, Babyface (soundstudio-to-go), started with PST8, Multiface I, Multiface II, PCIeMadi

9 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-02-18 20:07:38)

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

tomg wrote:
waedi wrote:

Me too, also still use my S6 daily.
You call it biased, I call it experienced.
Firewire interface, Firewire mixer, Firewire reverb device, etc. all of a sudden no longer useful.
Of course I also would like to have the Totalmix app for iPhone ! My expectations are just influenced by the time.

I agree with you. Apple has over the years done this many times and hurt customers although I'm sure not intentionally (changed processor vendors, OS technologie, routinely removed ports people depended on including headphone ports for wired headphones, etc). Also, they made the keyboards basically unasable for serious work (finally fixed to the way they used to be on the more recent laptops). I'm saying all this as a huge Apple fan over the years - they do a lot of great inovative things but also they don't hesitate to make sudden changes that can really hurt their long term customers. I ended up switching to windows several years back because Apple were not updating any of their desktop computers for years other than imacs - mac mini and pro lines were completely neglected while laptops became useless for serious work because of the pathetic keyboard with all kinds of issues.

I don't understand why these positive suggestions always get convoluted and bogged down by random off topic opinions. It's not like you win any award by being negative towards constructive progressive suggestions. Status quo is, there's no Totalmix on iPhone, and you're on Windows (which has nothing to do with handheld devices), so what are you even in this thread for? Why comment about your biased opinion on Mac products, when we're discussing iOS support ? And yes, I work in both Windows and MacOS, some people are capable of that, and can see the flaws of Windows products as well, which again, is a topic for another discussion.

First of all, we already have Totalmix for iPad for years, so it's no biggie to port it to the iPhone, just RME who choose not to support it under the excuse that it's a cumbersom task (not true, but hey, they have to make some kind of random excuse for not supporting a device billions of people carry around ON THEM every day!)

Mac keyboards on their laptop and all that other nonsense has nothing to do with Totalmix support on iPhone - a phone which has had basically the same operation system since day 1 and still SUPPORT DEVICES THAT ARE 5-6 YEARS OLD.

This is 2021. Can we please put an end to these futile jabs at Apple. It's like complaining about there being a Z390 motberboard when you're just invested in a z370 platform - what, you're gonna not build a desltop PC because motherboard manufacturors put out new products that support the latest standard? Fact is, Apple has core audio, so will always be ahead of Windows for Pro audio users, it's got billions of regular users too, it's tried true and tested software and hardware that's stood it's test of time and thus should be supported and taken serious, even by disrespectful PC fans/Apple haters. I think the statements like "sudden changes" bla bla. are so moronic to be honest. Naturally there's progression, things evolve. But it's not like Apple devices don't support older devices, they are, in fact, VERY compatible with their older counterparts. Thunderbolt is backwards compatible, usb-c is too etc. Anway please stay on topic guys, this is getting embarrassing to read.

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

waedi wrote:

@ torbenscharling
Do you own such an adapter ?
And you get a Firewire interface working on a computer that has no firewire ports ?
Can you post a link to that adapter ?
Such an adapter has been requested in this forum without success !

Sure, here you go. You're welcome smile Have nice day y'all.


https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMEL … -2-adapter

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/M … re-adapter

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

torbenscharling wrote:

Mac keyboards on their laptop and all that other nonsense has nothing to do with Totalmix support on iPhone - a phone which has had basically the same operation system since day 1 and still SUPPORT DEVICES THAT ARE 5-6 YEARS OLD.

Really? And how is Apple supporting the headphones I purchased back when I was using iphones specifically to listen to music (nice wired headphones)? Those nice headphones became useless unless I wanted to carry ugly and unreliable dongles and if I did I could not listen to music and charge the phone at the same time! It's simply not fair to sweep this type of stuff under the rug as complete non-issues. By the way, I'm not disagreeing that RME should look into creating iphone specific app, but it is also fair to acknowledge the risk of Apple breaking it down the road and creating additional support request is higher than avearage (but iphone is such an important device that RME may want to deal with this riske anyway and find some additional support resources as needed).

12 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-02-18 20:12:58)

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

tomg wrote:
torbenscharling wrote:

Mac keyboards on their laptop and all that other nonsense has nothing to do with Totalmix support on iPhone - a phone which has had basically the same operation system since day 1 and still SUPPORT DEVICES THAT ARE 5-6 YEARS OLD.

Really? And how is Apple supporting the headphones I purchased back when I was using iphones specifically to listen to music (nice wired headphones)? Those nice headphones became useless unless I wanted to carry ugly and unreliable dongles and if I did I could not listen to music and charge the phone at the same time! It's simply not fair to sweep this type of stuff under the rug as complete non-issues. By the way, I'm not disagreeing that RME should look into creating iphone specific app, but it is also fair to acknowledge the risk of Apple breaking it down the road and creating additional support request is higher than avearage (but iphone is such an important device that RME may want to deal with this riske anyway and find some additional support resources as needed).

They didn't become useless. You became a stubborn negative nay sayer because they decided to offer a simple dongle that works with your precious headphones.

And yes, they ALSO made an adapter so you can charge your phone while using your precious headphones. So nice try, but again, please just stop and think before you post. This is about Totalmix on iPhone (it's already on iOS for iPad) - it's not about your headphones or Apple's keyboard debacle.

Additional support request? Risk? I don't think you know what you're talking about. Please post some real numbers or link to prove your point, at this point it seems like one long rant. Apple has the highest customer satisfaction. If it was such a risk, why would they even make an iPad app then, you'd think they'd get swarmed with "support requests" lol. Anyway I think I've made my point and it's pretty clear to others reading your comments so I'll leave it here.

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

torbenscharling wrote:
tomg wrote:
torbenscharling wrote:

Mac keyboards on their laptop and all that other nonsense has nothing to do with Totalmix support on iPhone - a phone which has had basically the same operation system since day 1 and still SUPPORT DEVICES THAT ARE 5-6 YEARS OLD.

Really? And how is Apple supporting the headphones I purchased back when I was using iphones specifically to listen to music (nice wired headphones)? Those nice headphones became useless unless I wanted to carry ugly and unreliable dongles and if I did I could not listen to music and charge the phone at the same time! It's simply not fair to sweep this type of stuff under the rug as complete non-issues. By the way, I'm not disagreeing that RME should look into creating iphone specific app, but it is also fair to acknowledge the risk of Apple breaking it down the road and creating additional support request is higher than avearage (but iphone is such an important device that RME may want to deal with this riske anyway and find some additional support resources as needed).

They didn't become useless. You became a stubborn negative nay sayer because they decided to offer a simple dongle that works with your precious headphones.

People who care about sound quality know these dongles are not only inconvenient (easy to lose and can be unreliable) but also they can impact the sound quality. When you get into higher end headphones this matters (what type of cable you use etc) - it does negatively impact the sound quality because these dongles become the weakest part of your chain. I happen to know this because I own some very expensive iem headphones and can tell the difference when I swap cables (let alone dongles). Anyhow, this is getting off topic so I"m out of here (and I'm sorry if I hijacked the thread).

14 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-02-18 21:04:17)

Re: I want RME to release the Total Mix app on iPhone

tomg wrote:
torbenscharling wrote:
tomg wrote:

Really? And how is Apple supporting the headphones I purchased back when I was using iphones specifically to listen to music (nice wired headphones)? Those nice headphones became useless unless I wanted to carry ugly and unreliable dongles and if I did I could not listen to music and charge the phone at the same time! It's simply not fair to sweep this type of stuff under the rug as complete non-issues. By the way, I'm not disagreeing that RME should look into creating iphone specific app, but it is also fair to acknowledge the risk of Apple breaking it down the road and creating additional support request is higher than avearage (but iphone is such an important device that RME may want to deal with this riske anyway and find some additional support resources as needed).

They didn't become useless. You became a stubborn negative nay sayer because they decided to offer a simple dongle that works with your precious headphones.

People who care about sound quality know these dongles are not only inconvenient (easy to lose and can be unreliable) but also they can impact the sound quality. When you get into higher end headphones this matters (what type of cable you use etc) - it does negatively impact the sound quality because these dongles become the weakest part of your chain. I happen to know this because I own some very expensive iem headphones and can tell the difference when I swap cables (let alone dongles). Anyhow, this is getting off topic so I"m out of here (and I'm sorry if I hijacked the thread).

DAC usually performs better with the lightning/usb-c approach, rather than using the internal headphones out, so your point is moot. I have "expensive headphones" (I mainly use Sennheiser HD250 Linear II), there's a reason I still rock the 6S, though there are newer iPhones and iPad's that still have the built in headphones out. But the benefits of running the DAC outside of that built in plug, should make sense to any Pro/audio guy. Here's some more info: https://lightningcans.com/lightning-aud … ty-better/