Topic: Dante Digiface Glitch Noise with Ableton 10/Windows 10

Getting a reoccurring, but seemingly random glitch noise (sounds like the last few ms of audio is looping) on a setup using the RME and ableton 10. I have ruled out dante as the problem, and I believe it is related to the digiface dante RME box or the computer itself.  The goal for this studio is to have live audio mixed and mastered and sent out to a live stream.

Here is a recording of what it sounds like.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/95rfr6nfy69d6 … 1.mp3?dl=0

This sound happens across all 64 channels of audio at once not just one channel.

Here is a breakdown of the analog/digital signal flow

digico S31 64 channels into dante
RME dante digiface takes 64 channels into
PC windows 10 running Ableton Live 10
This outputs into dante again through the RME
Dante feeds back into AVIO 2ch output adapter analog into a scarlett 18i20 (for monitoring using focursite control)
Final output to stream to goes out analog through scarlett 18i20

Additional things I've already tried.
- turning off all non-essential windows processes
- making sure only the essential programs are running and nothing is running in the background
- monitoring (using LatencyMON) to see if latency is causing the issue
           computer is beefy and should not have a problem running ableton with plugins and outputting at a sample rate of 512

This noise is random and inconsistent. Sometimes after 2 minutes of having live audio coming into the computer, and sometimes after 1.5 hours, sometimes not at all. It is also sometimes accompanied by less annoying sounding audio dropouts. I am working to see if this is also an Ableton issue, but seeing as the RME is first in the signal path, I thought I would ask here as well. Overall this set up works perfectly for what we need it to do, but this reoccurring problem is putting a damper on it sad

Re: Dante Digiface Glitch Noise with Ableton 10/Windows 10

After having this sound open the DF Dante Settings dialog and check for USB errors.

That said this 'glitch' sounds very unusual and doesn't ring a bell.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Interesting. Here is an image of what the settings look like. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u30vm714ggwxp … s.PNG?dl=0

Is there any way to get more detailed info about USB errors?

If that error is synced to the glitch sound: It's in the manual, and the only point that is relevant is that your USB3 does not offer flawless support of USB3 isochronous audio. Try different ports, a shorter USB 3 cable, make sure the DF Dante runs with its supplied power supply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

For anyone else who is having this problem. It was solved by installing a usb card and putting every additional usb connection on that card, and having the only connection on the back usb ports be the RME digiface.

putting every additional usb connection on that card

Would you tell what additional things that are ?
Mouse, Keyboard, Wifi-printer, Midi-interface, USB-microphone ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Mouse, Keyboard, External HD, etc. I do have my focusrite 18i20 plugged into the same USB buss, but that is it. Everything else is on it's own PCIE card.