Topic: Random Volume Jumps in Babyface Pro FS

I've had the Babyface for about 6 months and I love the way it sounds in all its applications. However, I've been experiencing random volume jumps which I find to be unacceptable. I haven't had this happen while recording in Logic but when I listen to music using Audirvana or use VLC, I will have random volume jumps. Although infrequent, this has never happened with any other audio interface I have used. Any suggestions to deal with this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Re: Random Volume Jumps in Babyface Pro FS

Did you try a total reset in Totalmix ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you for your response. How would I do a total reset in Totalmix? I'd like to give that a try. The volume jumps happen infrequently but it can be huge and sudden.

I just found the reset info on the internet. Hopefully, this will work. Thanks!

The Totalmix reset didn't work. I was just listening to some music and when I raised the volume, it made a big jump. Is this a known issue with this interface? I can certainly make a quick downward adjustment on the knob but it is rather irritating and doesn't feel right to me for such a relatively expensive piece of gear.

Open TotalMix. Do the Volume buttons on your Mac keyboard control the output fader in TotalMix? Is this the same output that suffers from sudden 'jumps'? Then you have a software/app installed which changes that output volume on system level.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME