Topic: Need help on 5.1.4

Hello Guys,
I am a user of RME Fireface Ufx2. Currently I have 7.1 studio setup. I wanted to convert it as 5.1.4 or 7.1.4. for OTT. I can possibly think of 5.1.2 Since UFX2 has 8 line out. Any suggestion to use headphones out as line out? or any suggestion that would be great help to upgrade my studio as 5.1.4 or 7.1.4.

Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by ramses 2021-02-23 09:44:40)

Re: Need help on 5.1.4

Its possible to use the phones outputs, but then you loose them for connecting phones.

A more flexible solution - and to have line level outputs again supporting again  balanced (or unbalanced) connections - would be to use the 2 ADAT output ports - which are there for such purposes - and

A) to connect one or two ADI-2 FS which give you additional 1-2 high power phones outputs.

B) Another option would be to connect an 8-port AD/DA converter like the ADI 8 DS MKIII which is a 19" device which you can nicely put into a 3U rack together with the UFX II. I propose to use  RU more than needed to keep a little bit space for better air flow between the devices).

The latter at about the same price of two ADI-2 Pro would give you a little port reserve and also A/D conversion.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Need help on 5.1.4

Thanks Ramses, smile