Topic: Fireface UFX II noise on startup

I know that generally speakers / amps should be powered on AFTER the interface, my speakers actually power on automatically upon receiving an input signal. Up until recently when I powered on the interface the speakers stay off until I play something. Recently when I power on the interface the speakers power up after a couple of seconds and then I hear a screeching noise. The noise isn't loud enough to damage anything but should I be concerned about the interface? Is something wrong? Is something ABOUT TO GO wrong with it? It still sounds fine and works perfectly near as I can tell.

Re: Fireface UFX II noise on startup

Having the same issue with my UFX+. On a2018 Mac Mini running Mojave. It showed up just the other day out of nowhere. My UFX+ also shows some trouble turning on. At times, the screen is just white and nothing happens. All the left hand side led's (the green ones) light up and all mic pres lights up red and yellow.

esbeninglev wrote:

Having the same issue with my UFX+. On a2018 Mac Mini running Mojave. It showed up just the other day out of nowhere. My UFX+ also shows some trouble turning on. At times, the screen is just white and nothing happens. All the left hand side led's (the green ones) light up and all mic pres lights up red and yellow.

No you have a far worse issue... actually my noise stopped, it may have been something in the routing or levels in in Totalmix at the time I'm guessing,, hasn't happened since a session a few days ago...

Best of luck with your issue.

esbeninglev wrote:

I have the screeching noise issue with my UFX+ too, only started happening perhaps for the last two weeks. Its very loud and I fear for the tweeters in my kit and my headphones. I'm trying to remember to power them up or connect them last. I haven't noticed the LED screen, I'll look in future. I'm going to post separately about this, I hope there's a fix, its a real shame as this is the first time since I've owned it (about a year) that I've had any problems.

UFX+
iMac17,Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4 GHz 32GB RAM
Logic Pro X