1 (edited by esteban 2021-02-28 07:12:46)

Topic: UFX sudden noise

Hi
I've been using my UFX with no troubles at all, but suddenly I started to get noise and spikes when I record. It happens randomly, a session can have no problems at all, and another get noise.
I record only in 2 channels and the noise happens in one channel or the other.
I record to a USB flash drive.  /drivers are updated

If it has happened to any of you before I would be grateful for your help.

Re: UFX sudden noise

Could you help us out with an explanation of your system?

tdc wrote:

Could you help us out with an explanation of your system?

Gigabyte Z390, Win10Pro20H2

4 (edited by ramses 2021-02-28 08:17:42)

Esteban, do you get USB transport failures, see RME driver settings.
Driver settings, see e.g. screenshot of manual p. 15 "Errors: x/y"

Did you change already
- USB cable or
- did you try to reset the mixer
to see, whether any of this helps?

At what sample rate and with what ASIO buffer size do you record ?
Does it change something to work with a bigger ASIO buffer size ?

Did you try all USB ports on your system (also USB3) ?
Maybe you have an issue with 3rd party USB port, maybe after a windows driver update.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you Ramses, I was going through the options you mention, but do they make any sense if I only record in Standalone mode and the USB is not involved at all?

Ah ok. I didn't map "recording to USB flash drive" to stand-alone operation mode, because this could also be a backup recording in addition to DAW recording.

Then of course it has nothing to do with USB ports, transport and ASIO buffer size...

In this case I woult contact RME support directly whether e.g. repair is advised. It might also fall under warranty, depending on your country and where you bought it. I remember there was e.g. an initiative of Synthax for some countries, that you have smth like an extended warranty. I suggest to clarify this with your dealer and RME.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13