Topic: RME FF UFX+ to send sound to ADAT

Dear Friends!
I need to send a soundmix from FF UFX+ to my Denon receiver via Toslink optical cable connected to ADAT2 out.
In the TotalMix (and on the UFX+ display I can see that the sound goes to all my ADAT out channels (1-16) but I can's hear the sound on the connected Denon (toslink optical input)

Can you please explain how to send a sound from any adat to another device by toslink (among those 16 adat channels)? How to choose those channels properly?

I have got RME FF800 and there I have connected a digital out to Denon by means of COAX cable (SPDIF) and that worked pretty nice for years. But UFX+ has only got two adat interfaces.

Regards
Andy

Re: RME FF UFX+ to send sound to ADAT

Try this :
In the USB settings of the UFX there it should be possible to switch the adat out adat or spdif.
Choose SPDIF and try.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

side note: if you use ADAT2 with ADAT protocol, then ADAT2 and AES are two completely separate ports on UFX *
which means you have two different submixes.

If you run ADAT2 with SPDIF protocol, then ADAT2 and AES port are together / bridged.

I only tell this, just for the case you need to use the AES port for other things.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Dear Friends!
Thank you very much for your support.

I have done what you've recommended and all is working!!!!

Best Regards