Topic: Problem rme Fireface UC Clicks Pops Whit low buffer (48-64-96-128)

My system is a pc (windos 10 pro), AMD Ryzen ™ 9 3950X processor, 64 Gb ram DDR4, the RME is connected to a USB 2.0 socket, the power saving mode is set to high performance, it is normal considering the power of the pc that using cubase / ableton setting the RME from 48 to 128 of buffer I have audio interruptions (pops etc.) (using only one vst and nothing else), audio interruptions are rare but there are. Thanks for any clarification

Re: Problem rme Fireface UC Clicks Pops Whit low buffer (48-64-96-128)

Is there a bigger buffer selectable ?
If you select bigger buffer step by step, are the clicks and pops away ?
After witch buffer ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Latency Mon usually explains that:

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the timely replies.Selecting a buffer greater than 128, then from 256 to 2048 the problem is solved, but I bought rme fireface uc to be able to play the vst with a low latency therefore (from 48 to 128 buffer size), I underline that the clicks / pops are 3/4 in an hour, then it can happen that for several days the problem does not occur.I ran the test on latency mon for 20 min and the result is this: Conclusion: your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.
Can I deduce from the answers that these are not normal problems? Should I expect greater consistency from my system?
If they are not considered normal I will have to call the assembler of my pc. Thanks again

I forgot, by setting the buffer to 48 the clicks / pops noises are more frequent, by setting the buffer to 128 the same noises are less frequent. (going up to 256 unfortunately it becomes frustrating to play the vst for latency)

Try to avoid any form of energy saving in the BIOS and under windows.

BIOS: disable C-/T-/P-States.

One example from my computer:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … -X10SRi-F/

Win 10: Energy Setting: High Performance
Win 10: Disable CPU core parking

Win 10: change the way the Windows task scheduler works
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … es-or-not/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Are there any other USB devices connected to this computer ?
Wifi-printer, USb-Midi-interface, USB-microphone etc. ?

There are some USB devices connected to this computer: two usb keyboard, mouse keyboard, trackpad, usb type c ssd, logitech camera, the microphone is connected directly to the sound card - XLR (rode nt1a),akai apc 40 .Thanks.

For a test, I would disconnect all those things and if successfully clicks and pops have gone, reconnect piece by piece until pops comes back, then you got a candidate for making this mess.
The akai and the trackpad are my candidates by first look.

I have seen such effects from various hardware. The last one was a Roland UM-One USB MIDI interface. Since isolating this one to its own USB bus everything works perfectly for the customer. You might find similar effects with one of your USB devices.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the answers, I'll try and let you know, it won't be easy as the noises are rare.I would really want to know if (with my pc) it was normal to have sporadic noises with 128 or less (buffer size), or if I have to  expect near perfection from my system.