Topic: RME digiface usb as sound card alone

Hello everyone,
I want to buy digiface usb instead of Babyface pro because it is out of my budget.
Can I use digiface usb as only audio interface to play virtual pianos on PC with asio support and low latency and listen via headphones ?
Also, can I connect some active speakers on the same analog headphones out ? Is it strong enough as line output ?
Thank you !

2 (edited by waedi 2021-03-12 09:30:22)

Re: RME digiface usb as sound card alone

Yes and Yes
i use it on a Mac, play softsynths and do recordings, headphone output to active monitor speakers works fine.
ASIO and PC is what i don't exactly can tell but I am pretty sure you will enjoy near zero latency playing VSTi's.
And you have the expandability of the Digiface for a nice budget.
You have to use the mouse in the computer for volume adjustment instead of the Babyface big knob, that's the only downsize.
Maybe you have volume knob on the speakers ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: RME digiface usb as sound card alone

waedi wrote:

Yes and Yes
i use it on a Mac, play softsynths and do recordings, headphone output to active monitor speakers works fine.
ASIO and PC is what i don't exactly can tell but I am pretty sure you will enjoy near zero latency playing VSTi's.
And you have the expandability of the Digiface for a nice budget.
You have to use the mouse in the computer for volume adjustment instead of the Babyface big knob, that's the only downsize.
Maybe you have volume knob on the speakers ?

Thank you very much for your answer, the shop is near my job so i go there instantly. It will be my first RME product. Volume is not problem. Thanks again.