Topic: Fireface UFX+ not playing windows audio

Hello,

I got a problem I have never encountered with other configurations of RME device plus windows computer: The UFX+ is recognized by the DAWs and plays properly. The problem is that I can´t find the device to set as input/output device on the windows sound configuration.
I already tried deinstalling and installing the latest RME drivers, ASIO drivers, but it still doesnt appear. I´m running windows 10.
I can see the UFX+ in the device manager Audio tab.

My system configuration:

Prozessor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz   1.99 GHz
Installierter RAM    16,0 GB (15,9 GB verwendbar)
Geräte-ID    28721DC4-989B-47BB-8B02-D32C63300E4E
Produkt-ID    00325-95800-00000-AAOEM
Systemtyp    64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

Any tips on fixing this problem would be great!

Thanks in advance,
J

Re: Fireface UFX+ not playing windows audio

Hello!

If you open the driver settings, there is a section labeled "WDM Devices"
If you click on the 'Configure...' button, you can, then, set whichever Input and Output you want for Windows!
Also, there is another button for "Stereo" or "Multichannel", if you want to configure a surround sound configuration.

After you set those, you will see the equivalent Input(s) and Output(s) at the Windows Sound Settings!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Chapter 7.2 in the manual!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hello!

If you open the driver settings, there is a section labeled "WDM Devices"
If you click on the 'Configure...' button, you can, then, set whichever Input and Output you want for Windows!
Also, there is another button for "Stereo" or "Multichannel", if you want to configure a surround sound configuration.

After you set those, you will see the equivalent Input(s) and Output(s) at the Windows Sound Settings!

Thank you very much for the very helpful and polite answer. It worked! smile