Topic: Can't see Total Mix (Mixer or Matrix) Windows

Attempting to get my RME Fireface UCX going on my new macbook.
Fresh install on the MacBook Pro, 8 core i9. Running OSX Catalina 10.15.7
The RME Fireface USB Settings app opens nicely ands sees the proper hardware attached, displaying it's S.N.
(also shows Firmware v48. Driver v3.20)

However, after booting the Total Mix app, I can't get either the Mixer or the Matrix window to show on screen (?)
Could this be due to the fact that I've connected my hardware with a USB-C cable (mac end) to USB-type B cable (RME Fireface end) ?

My Fireface is good as I have it working on an older Macbook Pro, Dual Core Intel i5 (OSX 10.15.2) with USB-type A connectors.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

2 (edited by waedi 2021-03-12 20:51:23)

Re: Can't see Total Mix (Mixer or Matrix) Windows

This is the cable I use for my Digiface USB to connect it to the Macbook Air.
It works fine and the Totalmix mixer appears up to front quick.
https://static.digitecgalaxus.ch/Files/ … opHeight=0

Did you try push the M button on your keyboard when Totalmix app is on ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

That is exactly the style of cable I'm using to connect my new Macbook Pro to my Fireface UCX.
(I posted me USB cabling specifics originally when I should have just asked..."do I require a USB hub"?

And Yes, I tried both the Mixer/Matrix windows hot keys "M" & "X".

I got nothing....(?)

Finally got it.......
RME Interface is not recognized after successful installation under macOS?
Please make sure that your device is connected and turned on. Start TotalMix and the Settings dialog from the Applications folder.

The RME applications will have to be authorized manually in System Preferences / 'Security and Privacy'. No longer than 30 minutes after installing the RME driver, you will need to click the 'Allow' button in the lower right corner and restart your computer.

If the button does not immediately disappear, please manually start the RME driver settings Window and TotalMix FX and the press "Allow" again.

If the "Allow" button is NOT visible, you may need to reinstall the driver again to make it appear again.