Topic: Controlling 12mic via ufx's MIDI output (mk1)

Hi all you good people,

I have a UFX (mk1) connected via adat to a ADI-648 and that is connected via BNC to a 12mic. I would like to control the 12mic via MADI-MIDI and not ethernet remotely (via a web browser).

Can I do the following? Connect a traditional 5-pin MIDI cable to the ADI-648 from my UFX's MIDI outputs and send that MIDI signal via BNC to the 12mic and control it that way?

Many thanks!
Pouya

Re: Controlling 12mic via ufx's MIDI output (mk1)

Yes, that is exactly the purpose of it. Use MADI as MIDI extension. But you will have to wait for the next firmware release of 12Mic and updated documentation to be able to use this successfully. Shouldn't take too long, though.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by hardyroede 2021-03-15 16:07:02)

MC wrote:

You will have to wait for the next firmware release of 12Mic and updated documentation to be able to use this successfully. Shouldn't take too long, though.

That‘s good news! Follow-up question: will MIDI over MADI remote control come the same way to the AVB Tool? Thanks!

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg

MC wrote:

Yes, that is exactly the purpose of it. Use MADI as MIDI extension. But you will have to wait for the next firmware release of 12Mic and updated documentation to be able to use this successfully. Shouldn't take too long, though.

Amazing!! Looking forward and thanks for the reply!

I am also very glad when Auxdevice will be available for the 12Mic.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13