Topic: Dell laptop not starting with MADIface plugged in

Hi,

I just wanted to share this with others and ask wether anybody else experienced similar things:

My Dell Inspiron 6400 doesn't start properly when the MADIface is plugged into the machine during start up. However, it is no problem to plug it into the machine when windows is fully awake (thanks, Daniel, for this idea!). The problem occurs when Windows shows the XP logo, the machine just stops going on.

This laptop is not brand new, nearly two years old, 2GB RAM, CoreDuo CPU (not Core2Duo), ATI graphics, 250GB Samsung HD, XP MediaCenter Edition, new clean install.

Any ideas...?

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Dell laptop not starting with MADIface plugged in

This is not the hardware incompatibility mentioned on this forum,. Stopping at Windows boot indicates a driver problem. Did you try the latest 3.067 or 3.068 driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Matthias,

freshly downloaded driver, V. 3.068.

Best,
Ulrich

Then my best bet is that the resources that the MADIface needs collide with the resources needed by a different device. This kind of conflict gets solved during bott time, so if you insert the card later there will not be any conflict anymore. Now don't ask which of the devices/drivers in your laptop are the culprit...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME