Topic: Babyface Pro - Getting input 1 to outs 1 AND 2 in Standalone

Hi !

When using babyface pro in standalone mode, if I plug a mic in input 1 , I can only get it to go to output 1, not 2 (so, panned 100% left), and viceversa if I plug in input 2, I get signal only in output 2 (panned right).

Manual says "no panorama available" in standalone mode. I don't want to "play" with panning, just to send input 1 to outputs 1 AND 2 equally, which I guess should be possible..?

Thanks!

Re: Babyface Pro - Getting input 1 to outs 1 AND 2 in Standalone

Not possible. You can use a mic split cable to go into  input 1 and 2 at the same time. Not expensive and will work for standa-alone operation unless you need input 2 for something else.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias, thanks for the answer. And sorry I've missed it and just seen it.

The problem is that way I can't use the second input for another instrument, that's a pity! I thought there would be a way around it.

Just received the unit...4 hours in, instruments guitar level so low for single pickup, adaptors for I/O, installation problem, and now this too...I am so close to send this unit back and deeply regret to have sold the UA Apollo twin which took me 10 minutes to install and figure it out, with tons of gain no matter what you instrument or mic you have, yes it needs a power supply, but the amount of compromises on the Babyface for not having a power supply is reaching my level of patience.