Topic: UFX II suddenly has noise on all 4 instrument channels

The line inputs are perfectly fine, no noise or the like .. But as soon as I have the instr. activate, there is noise as soon as I insert a cable (the channel where the cable is in each case), this happens with all four (front). I've tested several cables, even new ones, the same everywhere. The routing is the same I have always used. I've done a total reset, same result. I've disconnected everything. Changed the power cable, nothing helped it rustles and hums over the audio signal. Has anyone an idea what the problem is?

Kind Regards

2 (edited by RMEbert 2021-03-16 12:53:03)

Re: UFX II suddenly has noise on all 4 instrument channels

I never had this issue. There is a constant noise wich wasn't before. Didn't changed anything in my setup. I'm using this for years. What you describe in 1. and 2. has nothing to do with it, I'm not THAT stupid ;-). It doesn't matter to what it is connected or with open end. It is the same noise level on every instr.-channel (only the one is connected to a TS-cable). It goes away when instr. is disabled.

3 (edited by RMEbert 2021-03-16 14:06:56)

Problem the 4 front preamps
- Cable checked
- instr., 48V, AES Hardware Input -> noise on those channels when TS-cable is connected with open end or any source/instrument.
- when instr. disabled -> no noise
- same setup worked for years
- total reset -> still noise

The AES Hardware Input has noise at the same time the TS-Cable is connected to any ID at the front.

Problem solved!
My wife needed an USB port and put the USB cable in an extern USB-Hub which caused the problem. *facepalm

Patsch ! My hand hit my face !
Devices should be locked in a rack housing. In the basement !
also use strong cables !
Congratulations for solving the problem.
From now on my standard question in upcoming cases will be if there is a wife unlocked openended.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue