Topic: Odd Behavior Totalmix / Ableton live

Hi,

I'm using a Zen Delay connected to my Ferrofish Pulse16 MX connected to my UFX+.

I got the Zen Delay connected as "FX unit" so Madi 7/8 is the Ouput from Ferro to send other tracks into it. And MADI 11/12 is the input for the Zen Delay to record the sounds processed by it.
I can hear it perfectly well with TotalMix as my monitoring solution, no issue, Zen Delay unit is affecting the source so no issue.

For some reason in ableton live it doesn't grab any sound at all (Which is my 41/42 inputs). I haven't changed anything other than updating TotalMix to the latest version.

Any clue what it might be ? I'm clueless!

Thanks!

Re: Odd Behavior Totalmix / Ableton live

did you try a Loopback on output 1/2 in Totalmix ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I did other loopback option, using a virtual output i'm not using at all, like this:

Channel ADAT 9/10, turn on loopback and get Zen Delay input. <-- This way I get Ableton Live 11 / 10 to capture the volume.

The only things I did was updating TotalMix with the latest version here in the forum, and windows latest updates (which i couldn't cancel in time).
Before this, everything was OK! I don't get it

..I get Ableton Live 11 / 10 to capture the volume.
What do you mean ?
you receive the Loopback from adat output 9/10 on the Ableton input channels 10 and 11 ?

5 (edited by gustavoblima 2021-03-16 02:38:00)

No i mean that if i loopback adat 9/10 output and select that i want to capture the Zendelay Input Channel on my soundcard (Madi 11/12)... i get on the respective Ableton Channel (in this case 23/24) the Zendelay audio.

If I select on ableton to get the Zendelay Input from my soundcard (Madi 11/12 -> Ableton 41/42) i get nothing. Ableton shows 0 volume.

so it doesn't make sense, cause audio is flowing, and i have NO IDEA what is happening because totalmix shows audio is being routed, i hear it on my monitors, virtual loopback with zen delay captures it... but directly capture on ableton = 0

You say you receive in Ableton input channels 23/24 the signal from madi channels 9/10.
OK.
But then you want to receive the madi channels 11/12 in Ableton on the input channels 41/42 ?
May you would watch the input channels 25/26 in Ableton if there is a signal coming in ?

No.....

ADAT 9/10 = 23/24 Ableton

MADI 11/12 = 41/42 Ableton

Your question:
Ableton 25/26 = ADAT 11/12

Until now all was working OK, so I don't understand what just happened!

MADI 11/12 = 41/42 Ableton
How did you found out when no signal comes there ?