1 (edited by tdc 2021-03-21 04:56:25)

Topic: AVB Web Remote - WebSocket format

Hi Folks,

Looking into the traffic for the WebRemote for the AVB devices today with a view to creating a simple overview app that aggregates our four AVB devices into one page as having four browser widows is quite annoying in the middle of a large recording session.

I can see the post structure for setting parameters and getting statues, and that seems clear, but it appears that there is some WebSocket information in raw binary chunks along with a 1 second heartbeat sending the device's temp in Kelvins. I am assuming the binary data is for the Level Meters, and would like to try and decode that - any tips on how best to achieve this? Or is there another method to get the level meter data?

Many thanks,

Tony

Re: AVB Web Remote - WebSocket format

Hi Tony,
while anyone can of course attempt to decode this, the reason it has not been documented is that it might change in a future firmware revision. But anyone who's interested in finding his own temporary solution can PM me for a hint.
Best regards,
Max

Re: AVB Web Remote - WebSocket format

Hi Max,

Thanks for that - I completely understand the potential for change given the fact that this whole ecosystem is new. Shall ping you a PM.