Topic: UFX+ WDM make pop noise when changing sample rate

After I change the sample rate on config page, the channel not belong the current WDM devices will make pop noise continuously.
I set one WDM devices with multichannel and the problem look like below screenshot.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Ud7e707c7370a46fdb319f39c1c58c853Y.jpg
And by the way another question, could extend the Q value of UFX+ eq to [0.7,9.9]? It seems that some channel of the ADI-2 could do that, I don't know wether it depend on hardware or firmware, I post this question on total-mix section (https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32824) but no response.

2 (edited by purelin 2021-04-05 02:30:03)

Re: UFX+ WDM make pop noise when changing sample rate

It seems that the problem was on the WDM driver:
Noise will disappear after no output to WDM driver (all channel/device) a while.
If make test signal to one WDM device, the pop noise will disappear on that device's channel.

You have to open the Sound control panel and watch what is happening: the WDM devices are all removed and then generated newly. Obviously a running WDM software will not know what is going on and fail to send correct data until it is reset. In other words: do not change sample rate while WDM is in use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You have to open the Sound control panel and watch what is happening: the WDM devices are all removed and then generated newly. Obviously a running WDM software will not know what is going on and fail to send correct data until it is reset. In other words: do not change sample rate while WDM is in use.

OK then, I will stay sample rate when using WDM driver.
What about another question? Is Q limit by hardware?

More by usability and compatibility. We have no plans to change the EQ in TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

More by usability and compatibility. We have no plans to change the EQ in TM FX.

Thanks for your explanation. At least it's possible to add more Q range wink.