Topic: Multiface Standalone operation?

hi,
I am also researching this subject, having 2 hdsp multiface interfaces (1 and 2) on pci and pci express card.
Just want to implement them into the system, so I purchased a correct power supply and I am ready to connect it, but it's very unclear about how to proceed...
the link to manuals are dead, I found this one
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/mface2_e.pdf
for multiface 2, there is no info on page 46, neither 42, I am re-reading whole manual to find the infrmation about how to proceed with standalone RME hdsp multifaceII.
I understand it has no memory, so once unplugged from the desktop pci card it loses all settings (totalmix) ?
Should I connect power supply when it's running PCI card and then use DISCONNECT option in RME card window ?
would appreciate if someone could chime in

Re: Multiface Standalone operation?

on page 36 multiface 2 manual I have found this
21. Disconnect Mode
RME's exclusive Disconnect mode lets you adjust level, input selection and signal mix via your
computer, and simply detach the Multiface afterwards. With this, a stand-alone operation of the
Multiface gets possible. When the Multiface has been configured using Settings dialog and TotalMix, it won't loose those settings after detaching it from the computer if an external power
supply is used, because the Multiface (as all HDSP I/O-boxes) does not contain memory, so all
settings get lost upon power-off.
If you do not need to record or playback audio with your computer, the Multiface can be used in
a fixed configuration, for example as:
• 8-channel analog/ADAT/analog converter with monitoring
• SPDIF AD- or DA-converter
• Mixer / Patchbay / Distributor analog and digital
• Headphone mixer
• Line splitter with balanced output
• whatever you just need!

filipovskie wrote:

on page 36 multiface 2 manual I have found this
21. Disconnect Mode

This is called Disconnect Mode for a reason. It requires initial configuration with PC connection and constant power supply.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

This question has been discussed here many times.
The result is, you have to do the configurations in Totalmix, keeping the Multiface under power, you can disconnect the computer and use the Multiface as converter as long the power is on.
When power is off you have to redo the configurations in Totalmix.
The unit itself does not store the settings without power.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue