Topic: ARC USB / Fireface UC issue?

Hi all,

I've been using an ARC USB for about 2 years now, first with a UFX2, and now with a UFX+ (connected directly to the "remote" USB socket on the interface) with a 16" macbook pro and Pro Tools. I've had no issues with these pieces of equipment in my time with them.

I have however come across a (not reliably repeatable) weirdness where, if I plug an RME interface (an older one without a "remote" connector on the interface itself, like a fireface UC) into a hub, and plug the ARC USB into that same hub, I get dropouts and glitches.. My suspicion was that the remote was somehow slowing the USB buss down to USB1.1 speeds?!!? But I've no idea if such a thing is possible.. This doesn't always happen though - on different days I'll get different results - sometimes perfect performance, sometimes no more than 30 seconds recording before I'm shown a CPU error...

I've not spent much time diagnosing this as the UC lives in a small studio I only occasionally use, but I was curious.. It's the first weirdness I've experienced with RME hardware!

Any clues?

Re: ARC USB / Fireface UC issue?

Not a known issue... Can you try another hub? Is separate connection not an option here?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: ARC USB / Fireface UC issue?

I've used a couple of hubs.

I actually remembered after writing the first post - I experienced this with my old macbook air too, connected through a no-name usb buss-powered USB3.0 hub.

The one I've used more recently with the 16" macbook is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 … &psc=1

It's not really an issue for me - for the handful of times a year I'm using this studio I'm fine connecting things with little adapters to separate ports on the macbook itself - it's just odd.